February the 14th is fast approaching and for many of us our thoughts may be turning to Valentine’s Day and those we love.
Whilst we should all of course demonstrate our care and love for those around us all year long, this particular celebration does focus the mind.
At The Hearing Care Centre we think it is a good time to ask you to focus some of that love on something that is very dear to us, but often – if we’re honest – may be something that doesn’t get the attention it deserves; our hearing.
To share the love, if you book you hearing test before February 28th, we are currently offering a complimentary hearing test, saving you £30, and a free no obligation hearing aid trial so you can experience the technology in your own listening environments and hear the difference for yourself.
We have a culture in the UK that we regularly have our teeth checked and our eyes tested but for most people, as vital as hearing is, our hearing does not make it on to our personal health ‘MOT’ list. It is estimated that in the UK 1 in 6 people have some form of hearing loss, this increases to 4 in 10 people over 50 and 7 in 10 over the age of 70*.
It is recommended that once we reach the age of 40 we should have our hearing tested every two years. Can you recall when you last had yours checked?
Your hearing is essential so we have put together a few ideas about why we think booking a hearing test really does make sense for Valentine’s Day, or any day.
- Hearing helps you feel safe, healthy and in control of your life.
- Hearing makes it easier to stay in touch with friends and family.
- Hearing helps you stay up to date on ever-changing news.
- Hearing helps you stay connected with things you love such as music, the sound of your partner’s voice and nature.
- Hearing loss can happen gradually and you may not notice it at first.
- Hearing well can delay dementia.**
- Hearing well keeps you younger.
Feel the love. Book your appointment today.
** Lin et al (2011)